Monday, September 28, 2009

Judy's Freezer Jam

This was my first experience making freezer jam, and it seriously took maybe 15 minutes tops.  Now that I know how easy it is, I'll do it more often!  I found a sale on strawberries last week, 1 pound for $1.  It was a good time to buy a bunch and make this.  2 pounds was just about the right amount.  I got this from my aunt who said "The best freezer jam we’ve had. We have made it with strawberries and raspberries but should work with peaches, apricots just use a Jello to match"-Joanne Hall


3 cups washed, hulled and blended fruit
3 cups sugar
3oz box Jello (same flavor as the fruit)
1 ½ Tablespoon lemon juice

Pour fruit in large heavyweight pan. Add lemon juice and mix. Add Jello and sugar mix well. Stir over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Boil 1- 1/2 minutes stirring constantly to keep from scorching. Pour into jars or freezer containers. Let cool then freeze. Keeps up to 1 year in the freezer.
The recipe can be doubled but anymore than that is too much too keep from scorching in the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment