Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Instapot Greek Chicken


So Mexico is T-5 weeks.  I've still got extra belly flubber to burn off, and it is coming off slower than I'd like.  However, I am feeling so much stronger in my legs and upper body right now from my dedication to workouts, so I'm going to call it a win and keep going :)  This meal fits in great to help me reach my goals, and HELLO...another instapot recipe for the win!

I was scrolling through Instagram the other day and saw this, and I seriously wanted it right then.  I had every ingredient, so lo and behold it was our dinner that night!  We ate it on pita bread with tzatziki sauce, feta, and cucumbers with a side of fruit and it was tasty stuff :)  The next day for lunch, I heated up some cauliflower rice and ate it over that....and that was even better.  Then I ate it again for dinner, and it was finally gone.  Once drained of the juices it would be great in a wrap as well.

Instapot Greek Chicken

1-2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 - 2 lbs chicken (boneless skinless breasts or thighs)
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dry oregano
1/2 tablespoon basil
1/2 teaspoon dill
1 lemon
1 cup chicken broth (or 1 cup water and 1 bullion cube)
12oz jar roasted red peppers
12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts
optional: fresh minced parsley

Set electric pressure cooker to saute mode.  Add olive oil, onion, and garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes until softened.  Turn saute mode off.  

Place chicken breasts in pressure cooker and sprinkle in all seasonings.  Add chicken broth and juice from half of the lemon.  Secure lid.  Cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes.  Let sit for 5 minutes or so on natural release and then quick-release remaining pressure.  (If you're crammed for time, you can quick release immediately after cooking, I just find the chicken turns out a little better if I let it sit for a few.)

Remove chicken and place on cutting board.  Drain juices from roasted peppers and dice, drain juice from artichokes and leave as is or rough chop as desired.  Add both to pot and stir so they can warm through.  Shred chicken and add back into juices.  Add juice from remaining half lemon.  Stir everything together and add parsley if desired.  

Serve on pitas with cucumber and tzatziki, or over rice or cauliflower rice, or in wraps, or whatever you like!  

*If chicken is larger than 1" thick, cut horizontally to make thinner before placing in pressure cooker.

Alternate Slowcooker instructions:  I prefer bone-in breasts for slow-cooking, but you can use whatever you like.  Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 4-ish hours until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.

Recipe Source: Our Best Bites    


8 comments: