Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oven Baked Garlic Fries

These are probably the best "homemade" fries I've ever attempted.  The cheese and panko bread crumbs cook together to sheer perfection!  Not to mention they have the garlic taste which makes me happy...I mean, who doesn't love garlic!  Serve these babies up with your summertime burgers, BBQ chicken, and sandwiches.

Oven Baked Garlic Fries
From:  babble.com

  • 3 russet potatoes
  • 2-3 tablespoons light olive oil
  • 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup parmesan, freshly grated
  • garlic salt
  • fresh ground pepper
  • chopped italian parsley (if desired for garnish)
Clean the potatoes.  Roughly peel strips of the skin from each potato, leaving a few strips of the skin intact.  Using a crimped knife (or a regular will work just brilliantly, as well), slice the potatoes into 1/4″ pieces.
Place all of the sliced potatoes in a large bowl.  Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes, then stir to evenly coat.  Add the panko, parmesan, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir again, making sure each of the potato slices has a kiss of oil, panko, and parmesan.  Spread the potatoes onto a large parchment covered baking sheet.  Bake in an oven preheated to 450 degrees for 18-25 minutes, or until the cheese and panko is golden brown and your desired crispiness is achieved.
Sprinkle with a pinch of fresh parmesan and chopped parsely.  

4 comments:

  1. where do I find panko bread crumbs? I looked at meijer--no luck :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten them at Meijer...I think it was next to the other bread crumbs. If not, they are in the Asian section. I'll look closer next time I go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are the Kikkoman brand, and they are in a white box...if that helps at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look GREAT!
    I saw the Panko at both Meijer and Wal*Mart, in the international section. I think it was on a bottom shelf at Meijer.

    ReplyDelete