Saturday, October 30, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip




I won't pretend this is healthy...it's definitely not ! It made for a great addition to a Halloween party/football watching! My aunt had been telling me about a dip like this, so I though I should try! This recipe comes from On My Menu, and it was SOO tasty with pita chips!

* 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained (I used 1 12.5 oz can and one 5 oz. can)

* 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 fat)

* 1 cup Ranch dressing

* 3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce or Regular Frank's hot Sauce)

* 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

* celery, crackers, pita chips, or tortilla chips

1. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.




2. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.




3. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks, crackers, and/or tortilla chips.




(I put mine in oven at 350 degrees until heated through and cheese on top melted)

No comments:

Post a Comment