Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bubble Pizza

I am always on a quest to find creative ways to "spice up" regular old recipes, so when I saw this recipe from Cook and Tell, I knew I had to give it a try.  It was nice for a change to make pizza and not to have to make the dough (although I do think homemade dough is better).  This is a really quick to put together dinner on a busy night!

4 cans buttermilk refrigerator biscuits, quartered and shook in cornmeal
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
2-4 cloves garlic
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
cornmeal (the recipe on the website never said how much to use...I think I ended up using about 1/4 a cup, maybe just a bit more :))

Toppings: onion, ham, mushroom, olives, green pepper, bacon, pepperoni, whatever you like on your pizza!

Preheat oven to 375.

Quarter biscuits and shake in cornmeal. Place in a large bowl. Mix pizza sauce, garlic, and any other toppings. Stir with biscuits. Put in a 9x13 pan. Top with cheese and other toppings. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment