Monday, October 18, 2010

4 Packet Roast

Crockpots are my saving grace on Sundays. Especially when we get home from church @ 4:15 each week.  The Sister's Cafe provided me with this new recipe to add to my crockpot arsenal.  It is much yummier than the roast I have been doing in the past.  The gravy is good as well, it is salty though.  I made a regular packet of brown gravy and added some of the drippings to it so it wouldn't be too overpowering, and it turned out SO good.  My husband is a huge fan, and I'm sure I'll make it again soon! 

1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet Italian salad dressing mix
1 packet onion soup mix
1 roast of choice
1/2-3/4 cup of water
assorted veggies if desired (carrots, onions, potatoes)

Place roast in crockpot. Arrange vegetables around the roast if being used. Sprinkle the mix packets over the roast. Pour water around the roast. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment