Monday, May 7, 2012

Garbage Omlette

Head on over to 

I'm still trying to clear our my pantry and freezer.  It is not fun, but getting rid of all this stuff will be very helpful when we move across the country in 4 short weeks...especially when I have to cram all my stuff in a moving van with VERY limited space!  I have had to get creative at times with some of our dinners...but it's all good.  My supply of can and boxes are diminishing, and the meats I bought in bulk are slowly disappearing from the freezer.  


This idea today is one of those that I don't even want to call a recipe.  More so a meal idea.  I saw this idea a while back on a garbage omlette casserole and thought how perfect that would be for me!  We just threw in a bunch of random ingredients we were looking to get rid of and threw a can of chili over the top.  Easy. Tasty. Done.


Garbage Omelette 


2-3 eggs per omelette, beat with a splash of milk and season with salt and pepper.


Add in things like:


diced ham
chopped broccoli
cooked and crumbled bacon
cheese
onion
bell peppers
sausage
really anything you think would taste good and need to get rid of.


Once cooked on stove top, top with cooked canned (or homemade) chili.  This is also a great way to use your chili leftovers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment