Saturday, October 30, 2010

Candy Corn Cupcakes

Okay, so maybe I'm a follower.  I have seen these on pretty much every blog I've looked at lately, but they are so cute!  The version I decided to use was from I Heart Naptime.  They used sour cream in theirs, which I love!  It made them very tasty I must say!  They were the hit of the trunk-or-treat!  Maybe one day I will learn how to properly frost my cupcakes to make them look pretty, but in the meantime, I'm just happy they look and taste great! 


1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 c water
1 c sour cream


Food coloring (orange and yellow)
Frosting of choice


With an electric mixer, beat all ingredients for about 2 min. Divide batter into two separate bowls. Add about a 1/2 tsp of food coloring in to each bowl. Stir Well. Spoon about 1 TB of yellow into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Then spoon about 1 TB of orange batter on top of that. Bake for 20 min, remove and let cool completely before frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment