Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Teryaki Chicken Fried Rice

This recipe sounded really good when I first saw it.  I have to say it wasn't quite as flavorful as I had hoped.  I definitely will make it again, but next time I may add more sauce, some egg, and maybe some more spice of some sort.  I got this one from My Sister's Cafe.

2 cups uncooked brown rice (4-5 cups cooked)
2 Tb olive oil
1 large chicken breast, finely sliced (about 1 lb)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1-2 cups sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce

Cook rice as directed on package. Over med-high heat, stir fry the chicken in 1 Tb olive oil until fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Add the other 1 Tb olive oil and saute green onions and carrots over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in peas, rice and chicken. Pour in the teriyaki sauce and stir to distribute evenly. Cook another few minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment