Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chili Spaghetti

Prior to moving to Ohio, I had a co-worker that told me about this fast food chain out here that served chili over spaghetti.  She reaved about it, but it sounded weird.  So of course when we got out here, we tried this dish.  I have to admit, I did not like the chili at all (there was some spice in there that didn't work for me).  I did like the concept, though!  I found this recipe for chili spaghetti on Stefanie's Cooking, and it was much better than the fast food one I had!  For those of you that aren't in the know with this dish, if you have spaghetti with just the meat chili and cheese, it is called a 3-way.  Add beans and you have a 4-way, and adding chopped onions on top will give you a 5-way.  I prefer mine 4-way style.  If you are ever in Ohio, you can try the fast food version and tell me if you are a fan or not, I'm thinking it must be an acquired taste :) Enjoy!

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans or pinto beans
1 (14 ½oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons chili powder
Cooked spaghetti
grated cheddar cheese
diced onions.
In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and garlic until meat is brown and onions are tender; drain.

Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment