Monday, October 18, 2010

Wonderful Mashed Potatoes



I am a SUCKER for potatoes and gravy...if I were on death row, I believe they would be on my final menu!  The sure sign you have some good mashed taters is that they taste wonderful WITHOUT gravy.  These were just that.  So obviously for Thanksgiving potatoes are one of my top priorities...even over the turkey ;)  

Wonderful Mashed Potatoes 

3 lbs. potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/4 lb. butter
1/2-1 c. milk
1/2 c. sour cream
2 tsp. salt (I like garlic salt)
1/2 tsp. ground pepper

Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes until very tender. Meanwhile heat the butter and milk in small sauce pan (or in microwave). Drain potatoes. While still hot, place the potatoes in a big bowl. Slowly add the milk and butter mixture, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Mix until the potatoes are mashed but not completely smooth.

Recipe Source:  Sister's Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment