Thursday, May 13, 2010

Garlic Chicken Pasta


Another tasty one from cooking club, submitted by Jocelyn Harris, she actually called it "Super Yummy Garlic Chicken Pasta," and for good reason!  The marinade on this chicken is so good, I will be using it a lot more often, I'm sure it'd be great on the grill! 

16 oz Farfalle pasta (bowties, I actually only used a 12 oz. package)
1 c heavy whipping cream
4-6 chicken breasts (I just used 3 large breasts)
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed or garlic salt
1 tsp pepper
½ c butter
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used the precooked bacon crumbles from Sam's Club)
½ c parmesan cheese
1 (12oz) bottle Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice (I couldn't find the mesquite with lime, so I just got the mesquite and added about 3 Tbsp. of lime juice)

Crockpot chicken and bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours (I cooked mine on high for 3 hours, I just put the chicken in frozen and it worked out well)  . Boil pasta. Cut chicken. Melt butter in a sauce pan, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl pour over pasta and chicken and stir through.

No comments:

Post a Comment