Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hobo Dinner

Oh how I love summertime.  My family has never been real campers, my mom's idea of camping is going to a fully furnished cabin in the woods.  This recipe reminds me of girls camp when I was a Young Woman, such an easy way to get a well-rounded dinner quick!  This is my version made at home in the oven.

1/4-1/3 lb. ground beef per person
potatoes, diced
baby carrots
onions, sliced
celery. chopped in large chunks
garlic salt
creams of mushroom soup
aluminum foil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Tear large pieces of foil (one per person) and spray shiny side with non-stick cooking spray.  Place individual portions of ground beef on each piece of foil and top with vegetables.  Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.  Spoon a couple spoonfuls of soup over veggies.  Make a packet with the foil and seal edges tighly so veggies will steam.  Place on baking sheet and cook for approximately one hour or until veggies are fork tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment