Sunday, May 1, 2011

Greek Lemony Chicken Kabobs

I love lemon chicken kabobs.  At my favorite Greek restaurant, it's the only thing I ever order.  So I figure, why not try my own?!   These turned out really good served with lemon chicken and Tzatziki Sauce.

Greek Lemony Chicken Kabobs
From:  What's For Dinner

  • 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 4 lemons
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 2 Tablespoons (yes, tablespoons) oregano
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Directions
Juice and zest the four lemons into a large bowl. Mix in the oregano and olive oil, and then crush the garlic cloves into the mixture. Stir well, then add the chicken and stir to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes, but not more than 2 hours, as the lemon juice will start to “cook” the chicken (I would say no more than 30 minutes myself.  I swear the juice started "cooking" the chicken and I only left it in an hour). Soak 4 wooden skewers in water while the chicken is marinating, and then skewer the chicken. Broil or grill for about 6 minutes per side. Serve with pita and tzatziki sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment