Sunday, May 1, 2011

Greek Lemony Potatoes

I love the university broiler back in Ogden...it's one of those meals i crave when I go "back home."  One of my favorite things there is their potatoes...they are amazing.  I went seeking for my own version, and this one wasn't quite the same but good in its own right.  They were a little too lemony for me, so I will write down my adjustments below from the regular recipe.  I found this recipe on Food.com


    • 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 3 lbs other waxy potatoes, peeled
    • 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (next time use 1/4 cup)
    • 1/3 cup olive oil
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 cups lamb stock (next time add 1/4 cup more)


  1. Peel potatoes and cut them in half (from medium size potatoes, quarter if large).
  2. Let them stand in water while preparing sauce.
  3. Combine all other ingredients in a gallon size"zipper" bag, and shake to combine.
  4. Dry off the potatoes, and put all of them in the bag and let marinate for 2 hours.
  5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  6. Put the potatoes and marinade in a large casserole, preferrably a white pyrex, approximately 13 x 9 x 3 oval.
  7. Roast for 1hr 10min, turning occasionally.
  8. There should be plenty of sauce left over after roasting.
  9. You can put these under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp them up if you prefer.

1 comment:

  1. oh man, i was hoping you'd say they tasted just like them! i LOVE university broiler! it's been waaaay too long since i've eaten there!!

    ReplyDelete