Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rainforest Cafe Rasta Pasta

I love the Rainforest Cafe!  I have only had the salads there, but when this copycat recipe came along, I knew I had to try it.  Much to my dismay, when I checked m pasta right before making it, I found I was out of bowties, so I went for linguine noodles instead.  It was pretty yummy, and with the addition of pesto, how could it not be!


Rasta Pasta
From:  cdkitchen




8 ounces pasta, bow ties
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
1 cup broccoli flowerets
1 medium red pepper, roasted
8 ounces cooked chicken breast halves, sliced 1/2" thick, 1" wide pieces
1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
1/8 cup pesto sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside. In a 10" saute pan, saute garlic in olive oil. Add spinach, broccoli, red pepper and grilled chicken; toss to combine. Stir in Alfredo sauce and pesto; simmer an additional 5 minutes. Reheat pasta if necessary under hot running water in a strainer; pour into a pasta bowl. Pour Alfredo sauce mixture over bow ties. 

Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment