Saturday, August 13, 2011

Puffy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sometimes a thin crispy cookie is just what I am craving....not today.   Today is the kind of day when I want a thick chewy cookie....these definitely fulfilled my criteria for that!  They have a subtle peanut butter flavor, and just call your name from the cooling rack.  I poured me up a glass of ice milk (yes, ice milk....everyone thinks I'm gross for putting ice in my milk.  Don't knock it 'til you've tried it) and inhaled one of these babies!


Puffy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
From:  How Sweet It Is


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda8 tablespoons of salted butter, melted and cooled
6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Add butter and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Let cool completely.
Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the cooled butter/peanut butter and sugars until they are combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed. Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms – it will look crumbly at first, but it will come together. I even used my hands to bring it all together. If necessary, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk, but I did not need this. Fold in chocolate chips.
Shape the dough into a ball the size of a golfball. Place on a baking sheet two inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The centers should be soft and puffy. Do not over bake. Let cool completely then dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment