Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shepherd's Pie

I was searching for a classic shepherds pie recipe and came across this one from On My Menu.  I adapted that one just a little bit.  It sounded like a yummy twist to an old classic.  The french fried onions were really yummy!  I admit, I used Betty Crocker boxed mashed potatoes, butter and herb flavor, but it was still very yummy!

- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 c. French's french fried onions
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t. each salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 can of corn, drained
-1/2-1 can cut green beans, drained
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes

- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook meat in large ovenproof skillet until browned; drain.(I use a normal skillet and layered the ingredients in a 9x13 dish for the oven)

- Stir in 1 c. fried onions, soup, water, seasoning, salt and pepper.

- Spoon veggies over beef mixture. Top with mashed potatoes.

- Bake 20 min. or until hot. Sprikle with remaining 1 c. onions. Bake 2 min. or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment