Sunday, March 14, 2010

Crunchy Oven-Fried Chicken

I have a sick obsession with eating chicken.  Since I've been pregnant this time around, red meat does NOT sound good for some reason.  So therefore, let the chicken recipes roll!  I like this one because it is not deep fried (although that tastes marvelous as well!).  Makes me feel a little bit more on the healthier side!  I got this simple recipe from a book we got for our wedding called 4 Ingredient Dinners by Betty Crocker, although I have switched some things around.  The original recipe called for cornflakes, which I didn't have so I used a mixture of french fried onions and Ritz crackers in it's place.

3-4 chicken breasts
2 tsp. paprika
1-1/2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/2 can French's fried onions (I had the cheddar flavor on hand)
1/4c. margarine or butter.

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Melt margarine (or butter) in a jelly-roll pan (15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x1 inch), in oven.  Place crackers, onions, paprika, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in blender.  Cover and blend until the crackers are blended into fine crumbs.  Dip chicken into melted butter, then coat evenly with cornflake mixture.  Place chicken back on pan.  Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes or until juice is no longer pink when centers o thickest pieces are cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment