Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wonton Tartlets

Aren't these little babies just adorable!  I knew when I saw these on the cooking club email I would be making them.  I don't know why it took me a year and a half to try them, but I'm glad I finally did.  They were perfect for the bridal shower we just hosted, they were loved by all.  Enjoy :)

Wonton Tartlets
From:  my Cooking Club Archives...thanks Jessica N.!

12-18 wonton wrappers (found in refrigerated section of grocery store)
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
8 oz. pkg cream cheese
2 Tbsp. honey
2 tsp. orange or lemon juice
fresh berries (I used strawberries)
cool whip

Brush one side of wonton with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar.  Press wonton, butter side UP, into nonstick muffin tin. Bake for 7-9 minutes at 325 until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pan to cool.


In a bowl, combine cream cheese, honey, and juice. Add about 1 cup of Cool Whip to sweeten and lighten the mixture.  Spoon mixture into each wonton. Top with berries, fresh mint, and a dollup of Cool Whip. Can be served immediately or refrigerated for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment