Monday, September 26, 2011

Ranch Pork Roast and Potatoes





I know I have said time and time again how I love my crockpot, especially on a Sunday. There is nothing like coming home from church KNOWING that you do not have to cook, only relax :) I love pork in the crockpot, it always turns out great. Then you add one of my favorite flavors, ranch, and all is well!



I must say the potatoes turned out amazing as well, super soft and flavorful, my one year old couldn't get enough of them!


Ranch Pork Roast and Potatoes
3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
non-stick cooking spray
1 pound new red-skinned potatoes, halved
1 can (10 3/4-ounce size) cream of chicken soup
1 package (8-ounce size) cream cheese, cubed and softened
envelope (0.4-ounce size) ranch dry salad dressing mix
freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Trim fat from meat. Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. In hot skillet brown roast on all sides. Remove from heat. 
Place potatoes in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat over potatoes. In a medium bowl whisk together soup, cream cheese, and salad dressing mix. Spoon over meat and potatoes in cooker. 

Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high- heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours. Serve with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment