Saturday, September 3, 2011

Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

My child will NOT eat vegetables...never has, and I'm thinking maybe he never will!  It makes me smile when I can at least sneak a little bit off veggies in something I know he loves...in this case, chocolate.   

These muffins are moist and filled with yummy chocolate chips, I'd say even more like a cake than a muffin, so if you want these for breakfast and then again for dessert, I wouldn't blame you :)

Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
From:  Jamie Cooks It Up


4 C flour
1 1/2 C sugar
1/2 C cocoa
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
3/4 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1 1/2 C oil
1 1/2 C milk
3 eggs
2 t vanilla
2 C shredded zucchini
1 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips (the original recipe calls for only 1 C, but I added an extra 1/2 C......why not?) 
 
1. Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk. Add the zucchini to the wet ingredients.
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl with a wooden spoon.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir, just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and you are ready for the muffin pan baby.
 4. Line your muffin tin with cupcake holders and fill a bit more than 2/3 of the way full. 
5. Bake at 350 for 17 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment