Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chile Lime Turkey


I LOVE spicy food.  I do.  It makes my nose stuff up to the point that I have a hard time breathing, but I still love it!  I am continuing my quest to eat better, and that's why this turkey stood out to me.  Meat dishes can become calorie-ridden when cooked certain ways, and I have found that the use of spices packs a big punch without having to have a sauce that may or may not have hundreds of calories all in itself.  

This is really spicy, I wouldn't recommend it for kiddos unless you tweak it a bit!  Enjoy :)

Chile Lime Turkey

2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 lbs turkey tenderloins ( 2)

Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Coat an oblong baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except turkey. Rub mixture onto all surfaces of the turkey.
Place the turkey in a baking dish and bake 40 minutes, until juices no longer run pink when turkey is pierced, turning turkey over halfway through cooking time.
Slice the turkey and pour the cooking juices over the slices. Serve with rice.

Recipe Source:  Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment