Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pesto Spaghetti Squash

I've been branching out lately and trying a lot of new things.  Neither Nate nor I had ever had spaghetti squash, for one reason or another.  I loved it, he was okay with it, and surprisingly my 2 year old ate it (he has a serious aversion to veggies, haven't got him to eat one in probably a year!).  My 2 year old is especially fond of pesto, and I'm sure that's the only reason he did, but whatever works, right?!  This recipe comes from Home Cooking.

1 medium spaghetti squash
1 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup pesto sauce
4 ounces smoked or plain mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
To cook spaghetti squash, I cut in half lengthwise (it takes some serious muscle!), drizzled olive oil over the cut side, and placed it cut-side down on a cookie sheet.  Cook at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until tender.  Use your fork and shred squash down its length.

Place skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add olive oil and cooked spaghetti squash. Stir in pesto with a fork. When spaghetti squash is heated through, add mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and stir. When cheese begins to melt, remove from heat and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment