Monday, March 7, 2011

Banana Smoothie

I have been without a blender for 6 months...I'm not sure how  managed that!  I was so excited when we finally got one and I could start making my fruit smoothies again...they are always my favorite for breakfast.  This one was pretty good, although I love this smoothie recipe the best!  This one comes from Real Mom Kitchen.  It is a great (and healthy) way to get rid of some of those bananas browning on your counter :)

1 cup milk (I used skim)
1 cup ice (I used less because my banana was frozen and I didn't need this much)
1 banana (I used frozen)
1/2 tsp almond extract (I thought this was too strong...I'll use half this amount next time)
1 tsp. sugar (you may need a little more if the banana isn’t sweet enough)

Combine ingredient in blender and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment