Sunday, February 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Bars

 
So, I've had this recipe on my blog since the beginning, but haven't had a picture for it.  I decided to re-post it now, because they are worth another mention!  This recipe comes from my mother-in-law, who got it from her mom, a retired school lunch cook.  I was always excited when these babies hit the lunch tray!   It is a combination of my hubby's two favorite ingredients in the world....peanut butter and chocolate.  In fact, he's the one that made these this time around!

Cream together:

½ tsp salt
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. peanut butter
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
1 c. brown sugar
Add:

2 c. flour
1tsp. baking soda
2c. oatmeal (quick)

Add creamed mixture and press in large cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cool and spread with peanut butter. Cool completely and frost with chocolate frosting.

Frosting

Bring to a boil:

1c. sugar
½ c. milk
1/4 c. cocoa
1/2c. butter

Then add:

2c. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla

Beat until smooth, let cool and thicken. Spread over peanut butter fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment