Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pistachio Layered Dessert

One of my favorite desserts growing up was Layered Chocolate Dessert, and when I saw this I knew I'd love it!  My hubby LOVES pistachio in every way, shape and form, so I decided to try my favorite with a new flavor, and it was wonderful!  This recipe caught my eye over at Peachtree Cooking.

Crust:

1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cube butter (room temp) cubed

Mix the flour and butter together and add the nuts. Reserve about 1/4 cup and set aside. Press remaining mixture into a 9x13 pan and cook at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool completely.

Layer One:

8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. fresh whipped cream (or use Cool Whip)

Mix together until smooth and spread on the cooled crust.

Layer Two:

1 small package instant pistachio pudding
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together, cool until thickened (about 2 min.) and spread over layer one. Top the whole thing off with a layer of fresh whipped cream and sprinkle reserved crust mixture on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment