Friday, December 2, 2011

Pear, Blue Cheese, and Walnut Salad with Maple Vinaigrette

I think I have mentioned I am in the middle of a Weight Loss War.  I am not winning.  That doesn't mean I am not trying!  In my quest for new healthy salads, I came across this one that looked interesting.  I loved the vinaigrette, very different from anything I have tried before.  It was a great lite dinner :)

Pear, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad


Green leafy lettuce (arugula, spinach, mixed greens)
red pear, sliced thin
blue cheese crumbles (not a fan? Try feta :)
walnuts

Maple Syrup Vinaigrette

4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt

Place all of the above ingredients in a small jar and shake, then drizzle over the salad.

Recipe Source:  Drizzle and Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment