Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chipotle Chicken Alfredo

So is there a rule you can't fuse italian and mexican foods?  I hope not, because I just did!  I love, love, love chipotle anything, so this definitely intrigued me!  There is nothing like putting a twist on a classic to spice up a meal.  This one I found on Cassie Craves.  Enjoy :)

3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tablespoon chipotle in adobo puree
8 ounces linguine or fettuccine, cooked and drained

Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and add to skillet; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, stir together cream cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the chipotle puree; cook 5 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Gently stir in chicken. Toss with the hot pasta.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one, Britni! I adored it too :)

    ReplyDelete