Monday, February 9, 2015

Nutella Banana Cookies


Well, we've been eating lots of veggies over here and limiting our sugar intake.  I am feeling stronger and more energetic the last few weeks.   On top of that, I have finally found a workout that is working well for me (outside of the gym of course).  Beachbody's T25 is such a great workout for the time.  I love Insanity, but it does a number on my knees.  I could never follow it fully, having to take days off.  This one is totally doable, and I feel it working already.  

Anyhow....I'm talking about healthy stuff and then have these cookies thrown in your face.  We had a few friends over recently and my hubby promised them dessert, so I made up a yummy lite trifle and these cookies for the kids.  These are so yummy!  Nutella is truly the star of this cookie.  Getting a little pocket of chocolate-y goodness is like winning the lottery ;)  Enjoy!


Nutella Banana Cookies



1½ cups flour
1 cup sugar
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
¾ cup shortening
2 large mashed ripe bananas
1 egg
1¾ cup oats
¼ cup Nutella

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F


Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.

Beat in mashed ripe bananas and egg.  Cut in shortening.  Mix in oats.

Take a knife and "slice" nutella into batter with a knife. Don't mix it in completely, the stripes are what make them pretty!
Spoon "drops" onto a greased cookie sheet. 

Bake at 400 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes. (Note: this is a lot softer than normal cookie dough and will not form balls, hence spoon “drops”)

Recipe Source:  Chef In Training

No comments:

Post a Comment