Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sriracha Honey Chicken

I feel so out of it when it comes to my little food blog.  I started doing this about 6 years ago as a way to share our family's favorite recipes and turned into quite the hobby!  I want to keep it going, but lately with the whole home building process, 3 small children, and life in general it has taken a back-burner for now.  I do want to keep it going when I can!  Maybe when life slows down a bit I can make my posts a more regular thing :)  

Anyhow, we have been eating a lot healthier around here (for the most part).  We are trying to incorporate more veggies into all meals, and so far so good.  I follow a girl on Instagram and have loved seeing her ideas for eating whole.  This recipe for the chicken comes from her.  See the link below for her blog ;)

Sriracha Honey Chicken

3 chicken breasts, diced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. Sriracha Sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.  Add chicken and cook until almost cooked through.  Drain any juices from pan, add honey, sriracha, garlic, and salt and pepper and cook until the outside of the chicken gets a little caramelized.  

*I served this over rice and stir-fried veggies.  Fried rice would be great as well.

Recipe Source:  Eating Whole


No comments:

Post a Comment