Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Jalapeno Popper Dip


I am a BIG fan of college football!  I love cheering on my Ohio State Buckeyes as well as my Utah teams (although I am fairly neutral when it comes to the in-state rivalries :)  When we sit down on Saturdays to watch our favorite teams, it is mandatory to have some snack-y type food to munch on while we cheer on our favorites.  

A few weeks back my husband's work had a tailgating potluck during their lunch hour, and one of the gals brought this dip.  My husband immediately called me afterward and told be to buy the ingredients to make this again.  I guess he liked it ;)  It was a great way to use up some of our bountiful crop of jalapenos we got out of our garden this year!  

Jalapeno Popper Dip

6-8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked crispy
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 c. mayonnaise
4-6 jalapenos, chopped and deseeded. 
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 c. of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 c. diced green onions

Topping:

1 c. crushed crackers (like Ritz crackers)
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients (except topping ingredients) into a medium bowl.  Stir well.

Transfer to an oven-proof dish .  The size of the dish depends on how thick the dip is.  I used a round dish about 9-inches across.  Obviously, the bigger the dish, the cooking time will go down.

Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle all over the top of the dip.

Bake the dip until bubbly (for mine it took about 40-45 minutes.  If you have a larger dish, start checking after about 20 minutes).

Recipe Source:  Laura, from the hubby's office

No comments:

Post a Comment