Friday, October 4, 2013

Balsamic French Dip Sandwich


I love beef sandwiches made in the crockpot.  They are one of our go-to meals on a weeknight, and something I almost ALWAYS make when the missionaries come over for dinner :)  It is definitely a man-pleasing meal! My favorite recipe is my Crockpot Beef Sandwiches, and I also like the French Dip Sandwiches from Our Best Bites.

This version has a definite TANG to it, so if you are not a fan of that balsamic tang, this may no be for you, but we thought it was mighty tasty!  We broiled our bread before putting the beef on with some butter, garlic salt, and provolone until bubbly.  Yummy!  


Balsamic French Dip Sandwich

1 (3-4 pound) boneless roast beef (chuck or round roast) 
1 cup beef broth 
½ cup balsamic vinegar 
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 
1 tablespoon soy sauce 
1 tablespoon honey 
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes 
4 cloves garlic, chopped 

Throw it all in a crockpot and cook (I cooked mine for about 4 hours on high then 4 hours on low). Reduce gravy and serve on buns (My grocery store's bakery has some rolls that they simply call "sandwich rolls" that are my favorite for french dip sandwiches...they are a little "crust-ier" on the outside than a typical french bread and hold up well with the juices).

Recipe Source:  saw this on this Pinterest pin...no link to the original source

No comments:

Post a Comment