Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cobb Salad

I take a very loose interpretation of Cobb salad.  I like to switch up a few ingredients every time I make it based on what I have in the refrigerator.  I love that this salad is definitely hearty enough for a dinner...especially when you pair it up with a fresh slice of French bread. Yum!

The "classic" Cobb is as follows: 

Classic Cobb Salad

bacon
chicken
blue cheese
tomato
avocado
bibb lettuce
hard boiled eggs
and from what I've seen, the classic has may variations on dressing choices.  

I like to switch it up with things like:

black beans
olives
cheddar cheese
mozzarella cheese
corn
romaine lettuce

The dressings I prefer are:

balsamic vinaigrette
honey mustard 
ranch
raspberry vinaigrette
poppy seed
creamy Caesar

Use your imagination and come up with your favorite combination :)  What do you put on yours?  I'm always looking for new variations!

No comments:

Post a Comment