Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Peanut Butter and Jam Bars

I am sharing this recipe over at Kiki and Company this week...go check out her adorable lunch box notes to go along with the back-to-school theme!  

My eldest son is just days away from starting ALL DAY kindergarten.  This is so not fair...they need to break me in slowly with the half-day stuff I grew up with!  In any case, life is gonna be different and now school schedules are going to rule my life, vacations, etc. for the next who knows how many years by the time I finish having kids!  

So, with that said...I've always wanted to be a cool mom that has awesome after-school snacks for the kiddos, sometimes healthy and sometimes a sweet treat awaiting my little men when they arrive home.  When I came across this recipe a few years ago, I knew I needed to tuck it away for just this occasion.  It is a treat that just SCREAMS after-school snack :)


Peanut Butter and Jam Bars

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Topping:

1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (I used whipped)
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup seedless raspberry or strawberry jam

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.

In large bowl, stir all Cookie Base ingredients until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

In small bowl, stir frosting, milk and peanut butter until well blended. Spread over base. Stir jam; drop by teaspoonfuls over frosting. Swirl jam for a marbled design with tip of knife. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.  I like these better cold, straight out of the refrigerator!

Recipe Source:  Betty Crocker

Happy School Days!  What do you give your kids for after-school snacks...I'm open to suggestion :)

britni

No comments:

Post a Comment