Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sweet Pumpkin Cornbread


I am LOVING the fall weather!  There has been so many fun things to look forward to this month and going into the next...pumpkin picking, apple cider pressing, hot air balloon rallies, picking out Halloween costumes, getting ready for baby #3, the smell of the grapes in the vineyards, walks along the river, college football, warmer clothes, etc...

And along with all that, it is happening.  I am going crazy over all my pumpkin recipes!!  I hope you are ready for an overload of pumpkin goodness!  I made my first soup of the season last night, my super easy Taco Soup and decided to whip up a batch of this pumpkin cornbread to go along with it.  It turned out super yummy, and I LOVED it with a little drizzle of honey.  I also like the fact that it made a smaller batch...I feel like when I make a whole 9x13 pan for my family so much goes to waste!  



Serve this up alongside your favorite chili or soup this fall...you'll be glad you did!

Sweet Pumpkin Cornbread


¼ cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp. honey
1 egg
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ cup buttermilk
¼ cup pumpkin puree
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup yellow cornmeal
½ cups flour

Preheat oven to 350º. In a bowl, combine butter, sugar, and honey. Whisk in egg, baking soda, buttermilk, then pumpkin. Stir in remaining ingredients, making sure to mix minimally as to not create a tough cornbread. Grease an 8x8 baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean. Top with honey and serve.

Recipe Source:  Examiner. com

No comments:

Post a Comment