Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pumpkin Zucchini Bread


This afternoon, I went to my husband's office where they were having a Pinterest potluck.  So basically the rules were you had to find your recipes somewhere from Pinterest.  It was totally fun (and yummy), and I hope they do it again soon :)  This bread was one of my two contributions.

This bread was a perfect transition for me from summer to fall, and since I still had a can of pumpkin left from last season, and zucchinis plentiful in the garden...I went for it!  

This bread is super moist and as always, I love the addition of nuts into any baked goods. 

Pumpkin Zucchini Bread

3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup butter, melted (or 1 cup oil or 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1-2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, butter (or oil/applesauce) and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until breads test done. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.

Recipe Source:  Six Sisters Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment