Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pizza Quesadillas

Here's a recipe I shared on over at Kiki and Company a few weeks back, check her site out this month, there are so many fun ideas for having fun with your kids in the sun!





I was thinking of kid lunches in the summertime. I am so tired of making Mac and Cheese and hot dogs, so we switched things up a bit this week with this twist on the quesadilla. My boys loved them, my brothers, and lets just say I ate a few as well The boys love lunches that they are able to help put together. This one definitely was kiddo friendly!




Pizza Quesadillas

8 flour tortillas
8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 lb pepperoni
1 16-ounce jar of pizza sauce
Optional: 1 6-ounce can of sliced black olives, 1 cup of sliced cremini mushrooms

Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and fry the pepperoni until crisp. Transfer on a paper towel to drain.

Brush each tortilla with a thin layer of pizza sauce (so thin that if you turned it over, none would drip).

Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce on the bottom tortilla. Top with pepperoni and other toppings, if desired. Sprinkle with another layer of cheese and place the other tortilla on top (sauce side in).

Pre-heat a medium cast-iron skilled over medium heat. Lay quesadilla in the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy. Slice into quarters and serve with a little bowl of pizza dipping sauce.

Recipe Source: Snixy Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. Looking awesome,I Like to see another post in your blog, Trade Printer and banner printing Use ful to me and my friend keep updates catalog printing Articles.

    ReplyDelete