Monday, July 23, 2012

Easy Summer Berry Icebox Cake


 Well, here we are finally all moved in!  I am now writing you from my new home in the middle of wine country in the state of Washington!  I have met some fun people in our short time here and am excited to meet more people and hopefully get used to this country life one of these days!  


When we got here, we were told about an amazing u-pick place that is just 3 miles down the street from our house.  Naturally, we headed down to check it out shortly after that.  They had the most delicious, huge, plump blueberries I have ever seen.  Needless to say, I walked out with over 6 pounds worth of them :)  So over the next few weeks, I will be sharing how I am using up all these yummy berries.  Here's my first one (other than just popping frozen blueberries straight into my mouth all day long!).


This would be great to make on any hot summer day.  It is light and refreshing.  It also comes together in 10 minutes...you can do this!


Easy Summer Berry Icebox Cake


1 Box Graham Crackers 
1 12 oz tub of cool whip 
1 lb strawberries sliced 
1 pint blueberries
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or Chocolate Magic Shell Topping.

In an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish spread a thin layer of cool whip. Then place a single layer of graham cracker squares on top. Then cover them with another layer of cool whip, then place some strawberries and blueberries on top.

Continue to layer graham crackers cool whip and fruit until you have 3 or 4 layers. 

Arrange the fruit on the top layer nicely and then drizzle with the melted chocolate chips, or Chocolate Magic Shell Topping.

Cover and refrigerate atleast 2 hours before serving (I thought letting it sit overnight was much better).
Recipe Source:  A Few Shortcuts

No comments:

Post a Comment