Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Tacos

It comes as no surprise that I am sharing another Buffalo chicken recipe...it is definitely one of my favorite flavors of all-time!  

We are getting ready to move across the country (again), and I am trying to clean out my pantry, freezer, and refrigerator so we don't have to lug so much across the country or fill our garbage can with completely edible food!  

I bought this Knorr rice a while back when it was on sale, and wasn't really sure what I would serve with it...but it said Buffalo chicken on it, so I had to!  I turned the package over and the recipe on the back actually sounded good, so we gave it a try.  My hubby and I both thought it tasted great.  It also helped me get rid of that half-gone bag of chicken tenders in the back of my fridge!  Enjoy :)

Buffalo Chicken Tacos

1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Buffalo Chicken Flavor
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 medium red or green bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp. lime or lemon juice (optional)
1 package (12 oz.) chicken tenders or nuggets, prepared according to package directions
2 to 3 Tbsp. cayenne pepper sauce
8 (6-in.) corn or flour tortillas, heated

Prepare Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Buffalo Chicken according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook peppers with onion, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in lime juice and cook 1 minute.

Toss hot chicken with cayenne pepper sauce. Evenly divide rice, vegetables and chicken onto tortillas and fold taco-style. Serve, if desired, with your favorite taco toppings (my hubby liked a little drizzle of blue cheese dressing).

Recipe Source:Knorr

No comments:

Post a Comment