Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Quinoa and Roasted Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette

Happy Leap Day!


Ready or not, I will be cruising here in 2.5 weeks!  My body is definitely not beach worthy by any means, I am continuing my quest to eat well to maybe shed a couple more pounds before we go.  


I LOVE quinoa.  It is such a great side dish, I have tried it in a few different salads, and have loved it every time.   This particular version is packed with great stuff for you, it will not disappoint :)


Quinoa and Roasted Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette


2 cups of cooked Quinoa, rinsed and cooked according to package directions
5 ears of corn, husk removed, brush with olive oil and grilled, remove corn with sharp knife (I charred 2 c. frozen corn in a pan)
2 avocados, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
2 cups tomatoes, red and yellow cherry variety or equivalent
1 small red onion, finely diced
¾ cups feta cheese, crumbled
1 ½ cups english cucumber, skin on and chopped small dice
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 TB of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Add to a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.

Cilantro Vinaigrette
6 T. Olive oil
2 T. Sherry vinegar
1 tsp. Garlic powder
2 T. Fresh cilantro, minced
½ tsp. Salt
10 Grinds of fresh ground pepper



Add all of the above ingredients in a small glass jar with a lid. Shake really well. Taste and adjust seasoning as you desire.
When ready to serve salad, add the dressing and gently toss.



Recipe Source:  On My Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment