Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Turkey Wafflewiches

I am so glad it is sunny for once...my pictures turn out so much better!  There is nothing like putting a twist on an old favorite.  This time, I am jazzing up my usual lunchtime turkey sandwich.  I love cranberry and turkey together...I mean who doesn't!  I knew I'd love this recipe, and I sure did.  Give this a try next time you need to switch up your normal lunch rotation :)

Turkey Wafflewiches

1 pkg. (3-oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce 
1 Tbs. maple pancake syrup

1/4 tsp. pepper 
8 slices bread

3/4 pound sliced deli turkey 
2 Tbs. butter, softened


In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, cranberry sauce, syrup, and pepper until combined. Spread over four slices of bread; top with turkey and remaining bread. Spread butter over both of sides of sandwiches.


Cook in a preheated waffle iron or indoor grill according to manufacturer's directions for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment