Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cranberry Fluff


We were ready to head out of town the day after Christmas and I had a package of cranberries that needed to be used up.  I just happened across this recipe while browsing some of my "usual" blogs.  I had seen many other versions of this recipe and decided to finally give it a try since I happened to have all the ingredients on hand.  Sadly, I am the only one that tried it.  My husband has never been a fan of anything that reminds him of a jello-y type salad and my boys must have gotten his genes when it comes to that.  I thought it was so so good!  I ate it alongside my Christmas dinner and it was perfect.

This would be a great Thanksgiving side as well, so stash it away for future use :)

Cranberry Fluff


12-ounce package fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
8-ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
2 cups mini marshmallows
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups heavy whipping cream

In a food processor (you can use a blender or by hand, also), pulse until the cranberries are coarsely chopped. I don't like really large pieces so I chop them until they are somewhat finely chopped without turning to complete mush.

Add the sugar and pineapple, pulse once or twice, and pour into a container - cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors blend.

Stir in the marshmallows.

In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Pour in the cream and whip until stiff peaks form. Fold the creamy mixture into the salad.

Cover and refrigerate for four hours or up to overnight. It tastes best, in my opinion, if it has at least 8 hours to hang out before serving.

Recipe Source:  Mels Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment