Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Parmesan Meatloaf


This is my second attempt at meatloaf EVER.  For some reason, in my head I think it is something that takes a long time to make, but now my mind has been changed.  It is such an easy was to make up a Sunday dinner (or a weeknight meal for that matter).  I made it up before church, stuck it in the refrigerator, and when I got home from church all I had to do was stick it in the oven for an hour.  EASY!  Since this meatloaf has more of an Italian theme going for it, we served it up with some alfredo noodles and some green beans.  It turned out super moist and flavorful, and I was excited to see that it had a combo of turkey and beef...perfect!



Parmesan Meatloaf

1 pound ground beef

1-1/4 pound ground turkey
2 eggs
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, grated
marinara sauce
italian cheese blend (I just used mozzarella and some parmesan)

Combine beef and turkey in a large bowl and add the eggs.  Add bread crumbs, all the spices, parmesan cheese, garlic, and onion.

Coat your loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.

Mix the meat mixture to combine all ingredients. (Don’t overdo it though!)
Add the meat to the loaf pan and form into a loaf.

Top the meatloaf with marinara sauce. (I used a store bought sauce to save time.)

Place the loaf pan on a cookie sheet and place in the oven.  Bake for about 1 hour.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven.  Top with shredded cheese. Place the meatloaf back into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.  Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.

Recipe Source:  Cookbook Meals

No comments:

Post a Comment