Sunday, March 10, 2013

2 Ingredient Lemon Cake/Bars

I hate to brag for those of you that still have snow on the ground, but we haven't had any since Christmas!  I thought living in Washington we'd get more of it, but nonetheless our grass is bare.  Now that we have been having lots of sunny days and most of them being 60+ degree days I have Spring Fever :)  So for my contribution this week, I'd like to share a delightfully Springtime dessert.  

The stores have been carrying amazing strawberries lately, and when I went though my recipes to try and saw a 2 ingredient lemon cake, I knew what I needed to do.  

This cake is yummy and extremely moist.  You could even just sprinkle it with powdered sugar and call it a lemon bar if you prefer.  Either way, 2 ingredients...come on, you can do this!!!



2-Ingredient Lemon Cake/Bars

1 (1 lb) box angel food cake mix

1 can (15 oz) can of lemon pie filling (I could only find a 20 oz can at Walmart, just didn't use quite all of it.  I used the Wilderness brand)

Mix them together by hand until moist. Be sure not to over stir. Bake in a 9x13 cake pan at 350 degrees until golden brown on the top (about 20 minutes). Cool completely before eating. As they are cooling, you can sprinkle with powder sugar if you wish. They have more of an angel food cake texture than a traditional lemon bar texture.

Recipe Source:  Living Practically

Anyone else experiencing Spring Fever?!

britni

No comments:

Post a Comment