Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Buckeye Brownie Cookies

Can I get a O-H?! Wahoo Buckeyes!!! What a game...I couldn't sleep last night, too excited!  My husband was actually AT the National Championship and I am SO SO bummed I did not go with him!  Instead, I was on my own couch screaming, jumping up and down, and yelling in my own family room by myself.  Oh well...they won is all that matters.  Oh how we miss Columbus and our Ohio family we made while there! #BuckeyeForLife

Anyhow, back to the recipe portion of the blog...for the game, I made these yummy Buckeye Brownie Cookies, and man oh man are they delicious!  Since the hubs was gone, I made up a plate of these cookies for a few of our neighbors and shared the Buckeye love so I wouldn't eat them all :)  We live in an area where we haven't met any other Buckeye fans, and we are in fact right across the border from Oregon, so Oregon fans abound!  No worries, I will convert them all ;)

Buckeye Brownie Cookies

1 box fudge brownie mix (19.5 ounce or family size)
¼ cup butter, melted
4 oz. (1/2 block) cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 blocks (about 4 ounces) chocolate Candiquik

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, beat the brownie mix, butter, cream cheese, and egg. The dough will be a little sticky. Scoop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, making about 24 cookies. Smooth the edges of each to form a round cookie.

In a separate bowl, mix the powdered sugar and the peanut butter until it is completely combined. Form the mixture into about 1 inch balls. Make sure you have one ball for each cookie. Set aside.

Bake for the cookie dough 12 minutes, keeping an eye out to make sure the cookies doesn't over cook or undercook.

As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a peanut butter ball lightly into the center of each cookie. The peanut butter mixture will soften slightly, but that is OK. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Melt the 4 blocks of chocolate in a microwavable bowl for 45 seconds. Stir the chocolate and melt for additional 15 seconds or until the chocolate is completely melted. (Candiquik comes in 16 ounce packages. When you open it, there are 16 blocks. Cut off 4 of these blocks for this recipe.) Spoon about ½ a tablespoon of melted chocolate on top of each cookie so it covers the peanut butter ball. Let the chocolate set. Store in an airtight container.


Recipe Source:  Tastes of Lizzy T

And just in case this wasn't enough Buckeye love for you, here are a few other Buckeye treats I have made and loved!

Pretzel Buckeye Bites


Buckeyes

No comments:

Post a Comment