Friday, June 15, 2012

Rootbeer Float on a Stick


When I think summer treats, I think of cool refreshing slushies/snowcones/popsicles.  I have recently come a few new treats that I couldn't pass up.  This sweet treat has minimal ingredients and taste phenomenal on a hot day (or any day for that matter)!  One of these days I'll get around to buying some popsicle molds, but in the meantime Dixie Cups and popsicle sticks have been working just fine for these tasty treats :)

Here's a popsicle take on a rootbeer float.  These seriously taste just like a rootbeer float and can be ready in your freezer for whenever a craving hits.  


Rootbeer Float on a Stick

1 12oz. root beer or 1 1/2 cups
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

Mix root beer and sweetened condensed milk together with a whisk. If it gets to foamy set it in the fridge for a bit to settle down. Pour into popsicle molds. I prefer dixie cups and popsicle sticks. I let the popsicles set up(about an hour) before I insert the sticks.

Want a layered look?  It takes more time, but looks prettier.  I got too impatient and they mixed together :)

The root beer mixture is the same. Pour into your cups or molds about 1/3 of the way. Freeze for about an hour.

For the cream layer mix together
1/3 cup whole milk
1 Tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Pour that in even amounts into your molds and freeze another hour. Then top off with remaining root beer mixture. Freeze again but don't forget to insert your sticks once that top layer has gotten firm. 

Recipe Source:  Smile Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment