Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pecan Pie Truffles


I'll admit it, I never really even tried a pecan pie up until I was in my early 20s.  I was stuck in my ways; I loved the chocolate, pumpkin, banana cream, etc. kind of pies.  I have since changed my tune.  Every year it is necessary to have pecan pie and derby pie (basically pecan pie with chocolate) at our dinner table.  

I loved the idea of these little bite-size treats that are yummy for Thanksgiving or any other holiday gathering.  Enjoy!
Love pecan pie like I do?  Try one of these...

Traditional Pecan Pie
Pecan Pie Bars
Derby Pie

Pecan Pie Truffles

2 & 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and finely chopped, separated
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
3/8 cup corn syrup
1 & 1/2 tsp. vanilla
16 oz. dipping chocolate {I use Candiquik}

In a medium bowl, combine together 2 & 1/4 cup pecans, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt.

Add maple syrup, corn syrup and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.  Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper; let truffles refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Melt the dipping chocolate according to package directions.
Coat the truffles with chocolate and return back to wax paper.  Sprinkle some pecans on top of the truffles before the chocolate hardens.  Once chocolate hardens, serve and enjoy.

Recipe Source:  High Heels and Grills

Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment