Thursday, June 9, 2016

Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats


I feel like I have been going through old-fashioned oats by the bucketful lately.  There are much worse things I could be consuming, I suppose ;)  Anyhow, this last weekend we headed out to our favorite berry patch to get our first dibs on this season's blueberries.  We also got 30 pounds of cherries, which we froze most of, and some dang delicious strawberries.  

I've had overnight oats pinned for years on my breakfast board and thought it was high time I tried them.  They fit in perfectly to my new ways of eating, are filling, and lets be honest-dang delicious.  My favorite is fresh fruit in these (enter my previously stated blueberries).  I am really excited to try the other 20 varieties I've had pinned!  The Mr. also gave this one 2 thumbs way up :)

Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats

1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice, or water)
1/2 of a medium-large banana, mashed
2-3 Tbsp. fresh blueberries
1/2 tsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. lemon zest

Mix all ingredients up and place in a 1/2 pint mason jar.  Cover and place in fridge overnight.  Top with extra blueberries in the morning, and breakfast is served!

Recipe Source:  Another Root

No comments:

Post a Comment